Adams Football 4-Point High Pro Chin Staps [E30723]
Adams Football 4-Point High Gel Chin Straps [E30696]
Schutt DNA Carbon Steel Youth Facemask DNA-ROPO-YF [E11697]
Schutt Recruit Hybrid Youth Football Helmets [E91711]
NIKE Football Chin Shield 2 [E32600]
Xenith Prime Carbon Steel Football Facemask [E94322]
Schutt Super-Pro Youth Flex Facemasks EGOP-II-YF [E11758]
Schutt DNA Carbon Steel Youth Facemask DNA-EGOP-YF [E11699]
Xenith XRS-22-S Carbon Steel Football Facemask [E94327]
Xenith Pursuit Carbon Steel Football Facemask [E94324]
Xenith XRS-22 Carbon Steel Football Facemask [E94326]
NFL Jets (78-89) Replica Full Size Helmet (TB) [E53176]
Xenith Prowl Carbon Steel Football Facemask [E94323]
NCAA Michigan State Speed Authentic Helmet [E54705]
NCAA Oregon Speed Mini Helmet [E54750]
NFL Jets (78-89) On-Field Full Size Helmet (TB) [E53200]
Schutt Oregon Ducks XP Authentic Helmet Alt 6 [E101609]
NFL Jets (90-97) On-Field Full Size Helmet (TB) [E53205]
NFL Eagles (74-95) Mini Replica Helmet Throwback [E53360]
NFL Philadelphia Eagles Speed Mini Helmet [E53347]
NFL Eagles (74-95) Replica Full Size Helmet (TB) [E53319]
Schutt Super-Pro Youth Flex Facemasks ROPO-SW-YF [E11773]
NCAA Oregon Deluxe Replica Full Size Helmet [E54747]
NCAA Michigan State Speed Mini Helmet [E54707]
NFL Eagles On-Field Full Size Helmet (VSR4) [E53291]
NFL Eagles (59-69) Mini Replica Helmet Throwback [E53353]
NFL Eagles On-Field Full Size Helmet (Speed) [E53305]
NFL Eagles (59-69) Replica TK Suspension Helmet [E53331]
Baylor Bears Collectible XP Replica Helmet Alt [E101040]
NFL Philadelphia Eagles Mini Helmet (Replica) [E53343]
NFL Jets (78-89) Mini Replica Helmet -Throwback [E53237]
Protective head gear is worn by amateurs and professionals to reduce the chance of injuries while playing football. Like other equipment the helmet has evolved over the years as different materails become available and as the rules of the game have changed.
- How do I know what size helmet to buy?
- Can I use any facemask for my helmet?
- Do chinstraps come with football helmets?
- First determine the correct size by measuring the player's head 1" above the eyebrows with a tape measure or calipers
- The measurement taken will be used to determine the sizes offered with the various helmet models
- The chin strap should be directly snapped to the helemt leaving no slack for a secure and snug fit
- Press downward with your fingers interlocked on the top of the helmet, the pressure should be on the crown of your head not the brow
No, facemasks are designed to fit certain helmets, skill level and position.
Facemasks come in three different types of metal and range in strength and weight.
- Carbon Steel - standard moderately weighted metal facemask. This facemask is great for new, or younger players
- Stainless Steel - lighter then the Carbon facemasks but just as strong. They are used by more skilled players like high school and college players
- Titanium - the lightest, strongest facemask made. Worn by serious or pro players
There are two main types of facemasks: open cage and closed cage.
- Has two or three horizontal bars and no vertical bar above the nose for better visibilty
- Preferred by quarter backs, wide receivers and defensive backs
- Has two, three or four horizontal bars and vertical bar the length of the facemask over the nose to protect the player's eye's
- Preferred by linemen
Most manufacturer's use abbreviation codes to identify the different styles of facemasks
- DW - Double Wire Configuration:
- Adds stability and strength
- Decreases the facemask opening to minimze facial contact
- Used by lineman and other positions that block or tackle
- R - Reinforced:
- Reinforced bar at the top to strengthen the facemask
- Minimizes the chance for verticle spreading
- SK - Skill Position Player:
- Slightly longer facemask with side bars that angled back for better peripheral vision
- SW - Single Wire Configuration:
- The east-west bar is eliminted and used by players where visibility is critical
- UB - U-Bar Attached:
- Designed to minimize contact to the face like the double wire design
- Also known as the bull ring
Helmets come with a standard chinstrap, but you can switch them out with different styles, materials and colors.