NFL Redskins (70-71) Replica TK Suspension Helmet [E53816]
NFL 49ers On-Field Full Size Helmet (Speed) [E53589]
NFL Steelers (1962) Replica TK Suspension Helmet [E53399]
NFL Steelers Gold Full Size Helmet (Speed) [E53388]
NFL 49ers (64-88) Replica TK Suspension Helmet [E53603]
NFL Saints On-Field Full Size Helmet (Speed) [E53076]
NFL 49ers Deluxe Replica Full Size Helmet [E53565]
NFL Packers (61-79) Replica Full Size Helmet (TB) [E52753]
NFL Packers (61-79) Replica TK Suspension Helmet [E52763]
NFL Colts (59-77) Replica Full Size Helmet (TB) [E52832]
NCAA Notre Dame (60-62) TK Suspension Helmet (TB) [E54152]
NFL Redskins (70-71) On-Field Full Size Helmet -TB [E53829]
NFL 49ers (64-95) Replica Full Size Helmet (TB) [E53594]
NFL Packers On-Field Full Size Helmet (VSR4) [E52739]
NFL Saints Deluxe Replica Full Size Helmet [E53067]
NCAA Notre Dame On-Field Full Size Helmet (VSR4) [E54164]
NFL Steelers Gold 07 Replica Full Size Helmet (TB) [E53395]
NCAA LSU Full Size Speed Authentic Helmet [E54290]
NFL Packers On-Field Full Size Helmet (Speed) [E52747]
NFL Saints (67-75) TK Suspension Helmet [E53084]
NCAA Notre Dame Shamrock TK Suspension Helmet (TB) [E54157]
NCAA Notre Dame Full Size Speed Authentic Helmet [E54176]
NFL Redskins Deluxe Replica Full Size Helmet (TB) [E53808]
NCAA Notre Dame Shamrock Speed Authentic Helmet [E54181]
NCAA Notre Dame Shamrock Deluxe Replica Helmet [E54139]
NFL 49ers (64-95) On-Field Full Size Helmet -TB [E53612]
NCAA Notre Dame Shamrock Full Size Helmet (VSR4) [E54170]
NFL 49ers On-Field Full Size Helmet (VSR4) [E53576]
NFL Rams (81-99) Replica Full Size Helmet (TB) [E53445]
NFL Saints On-Field Full Size Helmet (VSR4) [E53070]
NFL Packers Deluxe Replica Full Size Helmet [E52733]
Protective head gear is worn by amateurs and professionals to reduce the chance of injuries while playing football. Like other equipment the helmet has evolved over the years as different materails become available and as the rules of the game have changed.
- How do I know what size helmet to buy?
- Can I use any facemask for my helmet?
- Do chinstraps come with football helmets?
- First determine the correct size by measuring the player's head 1" above the eyebrows with a tape measure or calipers
- The measurement taken will be used to determine the sizes offered with the various helmet models
- The chin strap should be directly snapped to the helemt leaving no slack for a secure and snug fit
- Press downward with your fingers interlocked on the top of the helmet, the pressure should be on the crown of your head not the brow
No, facemasks are designed to fit certain helmets, skill level and position.
Facemasks come in three different types of metal and range in strength and weight.
- Carbon Steel - standard moderately weighted metal facemask. This facemask is great for new, or younger players
- Stainless Steel - lighter then the Carbon facemasks but just as strong. They are used by more skilled players like high school and college players
- Titanium - the lightest, strongest facemask made. Worn by serious or pro players
There are two main types of facemasks: open cage and closed cage.
- Has two or three horizontal bars and no vertical bar above the nose for better visibilty
- Preferred by quarter backs, wide receivers and defensive backs
- Has two, three or four horizontal bars and vertical bar the length of the facemask over the nose to protect the player's eye's
- Preferred by linemen
Most manufacturer's use abbreviation codes to identify the different styles of facemasks
- DW - Double Wire Configuration:
- Adds stability and strength
- Decreases the facemask opening to minimze facial contact
- Used by lineman and other positions that block or tackle
- R - Reinforced:
- Reinforced bar at the top to strengthen the facemask
- Minimizes the chance for verticle spreading
- SK - Skill Position Player:
- Slightly longer facemask with side bars that angled back for better peripheral vision
- SW - Single Wire Configuration:
- The east-west bar is eliminted and used by players where visibility is critical
- UB - U-Bar Attached:
- Designed to minimize contact to the face like the double wire design
- Also known as the bull ring
Helmets come with a standard chinstrap, but you can switch them out with different styles, materials and colors.