NFL Chargers (74-87) Replica TK Suspension Helmet [E53515]
- How do I know what size helmet to buy?
- Can I use any facemask for my helmet?
- Do chinstraps come with football helmets?
- The measurement taken will be used to determine the sizes offered with the various helmet models
- The chin strap should be directly snapped to the helemt leaving no slack for a secure and snug fit
No, facemasks are designed to fit certain helmets, skill level and position.
Facemasks come in three different types of metal and range in strength and weight.
- Titanium - the lightest, strongest facemask made. Worn by serious or pro players
There are two main types of facemasks: open cage and closed cage.
- Has two or three horizontal bars and no vertical bar above the nose for better visibilty
- Preferred by quarter backs, wide receivers and defensive backs
- Preferred by linemen
Most manufacturer's use abbreviation codes to identify the different styles of facemasks
- DW - Double Wire Configuration:
- Adds stability and strength
- Decreases the facemask opening to minimze facial contact
- Used by lineman and other positions that block or tackle
- R - Reinforced:
- Reinforced bar at the top to strengthen the facemask
- Minimizes the chance for verticle spreading
- SK - Skill Position Player:
- Slightly longer facemask with side bars that angled back for better peripheral vision
- SW - Single Wire Configuration:
- The east-west bar is eliminted and used by players where visibility is critical
- UB - U-Bar Attached:
- Designed to minimize contact to the face like the double wire design
- Also known as the bull ring